On this weekly Twitter selection, we highlight Wednesday 31 celebration of the UOC Research Showcase 2017, held in CosmoCaixa in Barcelona. The event aims to foster collaboration among the University’s R&I professionals by improving the visibility of the current research and projects. This showcase raises awareness of the progress of the University’s research, development and innovation activities among its community. In a university-wide call for proposals the Research and Innovation Scientific Committee selected 21 research and innovation projects to be presented. The selection criteria focused on scientific quality and interdisciplinarity. The Research Showcase 2017 regards on the diversity of research areas the UOC is active inand has been chaired by the UOC President, Josep A. Planell, and the UOC Vice President for Strategic Planning and Research, Marta Aymerich.
Two presentations have been awarded (one selected by the organization and the other voted by the audience). The prizes consisted of two research funds endowed with 1,000 euros each, to be spent during 2017. In the afternoon there was a round-table discussion open to the general public entitled Open Access to Research Outputs.
The other selected tweets focus on assistive and educational technology, learning personalization, creative apps, Twitter and its relation with education and a review of Schone’s “Engaging Interactions For eLearning”.
Monday, 29 May
• The paper of assistive technology in transforming special education.
— The Edvocate (@AdvocateforEd) May 29, 2017
• Virtual Science Labs. High schools and colleges are turning to virtual labs to help replace and improve this typical lab experience.
— thetechedvocate (@techedvocate) May 29, 2017
Tuesday, 30 May
• On the paper of educational technology and educational research.
— EdSurge HigherEd (@HigherEdSurge) 30 de maig de 2017
• An overview of the rise of chatbots. (Click here to see the full images of the infographic).
— Appknox (@appknox) May 30, 2017
Wednesday, 31 May
• The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya has celebrated the 4th UOC Research Showcase.
— Mireia Riera Duran (@MRieraDuran) May 31, 2017
• One of the UOC Research Showcase tracks was about the Open Access movement at the UOC.
— UOC R&I (@UOC_research) May 31, 2017
• Our colleagues from the eLearn Center Núria Molas and Marc Fuertes ready for their presentations at the UOC Research Showcase:
·Student’s Perceptions in the Use of Novelettes as a Learning Material in Criminology Studies, by Núria Molas, eLearn Center specialist.
·Learning Analytics in Higher Education. The Design and Assessment of a Teaching Dashboard, by Marc Fuertes, eLearn Center specialist.
View the full parallel sessions schedule.
— Guillem Garcia B. (@txerdiakov) May 31, 2017
• A selection of apps to help creative processes through technology.
— Math Boost (@MathFlashcards) May 31, 2017
Thursday, 1 June
• Tweet about the Storify of the “Open Access to Research Outputs” Round Table at the UOC Research Showcase.
— UOC university (@UOCuniversity) June 1, 2017
• Why Personalized Instruction Can Lead to Powerful Learning Experiences
— Ricky Rutledge (@kiwiprofesor) June 1, 2017
Friday, 2 June
• Summary of the UOC Research Showcase 2017.
— UOC R&I (@UOC_research) June 2, 2017
• An immersion inside Digital Literacy, social networks such as Twitter, the politicization of Education, civic awareness, crititical Pedagogy and other topics regarding
— ETHE journal (@ETHEjournal) June 2, 2017
• Twitter tips for educators.
— David Geurin (@DavidGeurin) June 1, 2017
• A Review About Schone’s Engaging Interactions For eLearning.
— elearningfeeds (@elearningfeeds) June 2, 2017